Google Search

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Roger Waters 'The Wall' Yankee Stadium This Weekend

Roger Waters plans to bring the massive production of “The Wall” to Yankee Stadium on July 6. Tickets go on sale Jan. 30 through Live Nation.
“Thirty years ago when I wrote ‘The Wall,’ I was a frightened young man,” Waters said in a statement. “In the intervening years it occurred to me that maybe the story of my fear and loss with its concomitant inevitable residue of ridicule, shame and punishment, provides an allegory for broader concerns: Nationalism, racism, sexism, religion, whatever! All these issues and ‘isms are driven by the same fears that drove my young life.”
The Yankee Stadium stop is part of a stadium tour for “The Wall” that starts at San Francisco's AT&T Park on May 11 and runs through Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia on July 14.by glenn gamboa

No comments:

Post a Comment